Tech Forums & Message Boards. Discuss Newest & Greatest Tech Trends. › Tech Forums & Message Boards. Discuss Newest & Greatest Tech Trends. › General Talk › What is RPA? and the Features
MemberSeptember 3, 2021 at 10:55 am
Robotic Process Automation is the use of software with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) capabilities to handle high-volume, repeatable tasks that previously required humans to perform. Some of these tasks include:
- Addressing queries
- Making calculations
- Maintaining records
- Making transactions
There’s a common misconception that automation is equivalent to robotic process automation, but this isn’t the case as traditional automation and RPA are different in many aspects
Traditional automation involves programming application programming interfaces (APIs) and integration tools to integrate different systems. The RPA developer must have a good understanding of the target system.
On the other hand, robotic process automation mimics the actions of a user at the user interface (UI) level. As long as the bot can follow the steps, the developer doesn’t need to worry about the underlying complexities.
Consider the process of onboarding a new recruit in a company. Data from several systems must be coordinated to create a new user account, email address, access rights, document retrieval, etc. With Robotic Process Automation, the user account can automatically activate a template for the onboarding workflow.
RPA can help assess, prepare, and create new employee data, initiate mailing of offer letters, and streamline information across the systems.
Prior to robotic process automation, it would take a few hours to complete the onboarding formalities. Post RPA, however, the entire process could be done in a matter of a few minutes. This results in the following:
- Automation can improve processes by to 100 percent
- Processing becomes 10 times faster
- Accuracy increases to 100 percent
Global IT firms use RPA to automate their onboarding processes with the help of vendors like UiPath.
If you want to learn more about robotic process automation and advanced intelligent applications, watch this “What is RPA” video to put you on the fast track. Get an overview of RPA concepts, the value-add it brings with relevant business use cases, and an understanding of the tools used.
What RPA is Not?
When you hear the term automation, you might think of a robot doing its job without any human intervention. And yes, you’re partially right. However, you could have a few misconceptions, such as:
- RPA is not a humanoid robot and doesn’t exist physically
- RPA bots cannot entirely replace humans
- RPA bots do not possess logical thinking or decision making skills, which is why they cannot replicate human cognitive functions
- Rich analytical suite – RPA monitors and manages automated functions from a central console. This console can be accessed from anywhere and offers basic metrics on robots, servers, workflows, and more.
- Simple creation of bots – RPA tools enables the quick creation of bots by capturing mouse clicks and keystrokes with built-in screen recorder components.
- Scriptless automation – RPA tools are code-free and can automate any application in any department. Users with less programming skills can create bots through an intuitive GUI.
- Security – RPA tools enable the configuration and customization of encryption capabilities to secure certain data types to defend against the interruption of network communication.
- Hosting and deployment – RPA systems can automatically deploy bots in groups of hundreds. Hence, RPA bots can be installed on desktops and deployed on servers to access data for repetitive tasks.
- Debugging – Some RPA tools need to stop running to rectify the errors while other tools allow dynamic interaction while debugging. This is one of the most powerful features of RPA.
AdministratorSeptember 4, 2021 at 9:55 am
This is very informative. Thank you for sharing with us.
MemberFebruary 22, 2022 at 4:36 am
visit: Java Classes in Pune