MemberSeptember 3, 2021 at 11:37 am
AWS finds applications in a variety of domains, and some of them are listed below:
1. Cloud Compute Resources
Cloud infrastructure or cloud compute resources are the servers that are used to host applications on the cloud. Amazon has several options for varying requirements. Businesses use these servers to run their Web software securely and reliably.
Amazon’s cloud computing offerings are listed below:
- Amazon EC2Elastic Compute 2 or EC2 is primarily used for hosting applications. It offers scalable VMs built with granular control over networking, security, migrations, and backups.
- Amazon EBSEBS or Elastic Beanstalk is an easy to configure alternative to EC2. You upload application files, and it creates the necessary environment automatically.
- Amazon LightsailLightsail is a simplified version of EC2 which offers VPS servers with the one-click launch, backup, and restore functionalities.
- Amazon LambdaAWS Lambda is a serverless service that fires snippets of code only on request. Easy to configure, Lambda is excellent for serverless applications.
2. Scalable Cloud Storage
- Amazon S3
AWS S3 is used to store data securely and cost-effectively. Businesses can store business data with easy retrieval and worldwide availability.
- Amazon Glacier
- AWS Glacier is targeted at storing a backup of data for several years. It cold stores data and is used for archival purposes at a low cost.
- Amazon Elastic Block Storage
AWS EBS is like a virtual hard disk that you can attach to your server. It’s available in various configurations and boots up in seconds for quick usage.
- Amazon Elastic File System
AWS EFS replicates File Explorer on your PC in the cloud. You can quickly create virtual file systems necessary for storage or application needs.
3. Relational and Non-Relational Databases
- Amazon RDS
AWS Relational Database Service or RDS is a cloud alternative for setting up MySQL/PSQL databases. It allows businesses to remotely connect databases using APIs, enabling security and portability of data.
- Amazon Redshift
AWS Redshift serves as a data warehousing service that comes with advanced querying functions. It allows Business Analysis possible using BI and SQL tools in the cloud.
4. Other Cloud Domain Applications Migration AWS Application Discovery Service
It’s a unique service that prepares big organizations for migration. It enables the discovery of workloads, usage, resources, etc. to plan a smooth movement on the AWS cloud.
- Networking and Content Delivery
- Amazon Route 53
Route 53 is used for setting up DNS, and connecting domain names with AWS hosted applications.
Elastic Load Balancing
Elastic Load Balancing is used to offer high availability of services with the dynamic distribution of incoming traffic to other regions.
- Management Tools
- AWS Autoscaling
AWS Auto Scaling allows you to compensate for increased traffic by scaling up servers dynamically automatically.
- AWS Identity and Access Management
AWS IAM is the control panel for all AWS services. You can add users to your account and give them relevant permissions using IAM.